Sunday, June 6, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belif, it was the epoch of incredulty, it was the season of light, it was the season of darknes, it wasthe spring of hope, it was the winter of despar.

This how Dickens described the period of the French revolution but it could have easily described mini sailing. I am now here in Lorient waiting for my Autopilot to get fixed. (Clutch problem) I been told that I can have it sorted on monday. This leaves it very tight for the Fastnet as I have to be in Douarnenez no later then wendnesday for the safetychecks. It is 80+nm sail through Point du Raz and the forcast is set to be southerly 26knots on monday afternoon. This makes me rather exited as the above forcast will cater for some proper action....
To do list before depature (Monday night)
  • Drive unit to autopilot (Dead)

  • Rudder bearing loose at deck. (worn)

  • Pick up food

  • Pick up furler from Rigger

  • Radar detector (blowing fuses)

  • Investigate rather large cracks in port rudder (Think it will be ok)